Welcome to Allied Nutrition & Wellness!
We are looking forward to providing you and your family with quality nutritional counseling and education. We hope to promote nutritious balanced diets and physically active lifestyles that will improve whole body wellness and quality of life. Please give us a call today at 516.870.0079 or email us at email@example.com.
We are here to help your family with:
- Picky eaters
- Food allergies
- Gluten sensitivity
- Celiac Disease
- Breastfeeding nutrition
- High cholesterol
- Poor weight gain
- Specialized diets (vegan, vegetarian, etc.)
- Weight management
- Gastrointestinal issues
- High insulin
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) nutrition
- Liver abnormalities
- Body image issues
Our team will:
- Work with you to create a unique meal plan based on your nutritional needs and goals
- Provide suggestions for physical activity
- Provide The Balanced Plate Comprehensive Resource Guide for custom nutrition planning
- Regularly scheduled follow-ups to keep you focused on your goal
Inquire about Supermarket Tours and Virtual Pantry Cleanouts if you are interested. Both these services are self-pay and not covered by insurance.
Your Nutrition & Wellness Team:
Deborah Salvatore, MS, RD, CDN
Deborah has been a registered dietitian for over 7 years and is enthusiastic about getting kids and adults healthier! Prior to joining our Nutrition Division, Deb worked with a Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition Division for 5 years. While there, she worked with children and their families who had various nutritional issues including failure to thrive, overweight/obesity, constipation, diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), celiac disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), food allergies/sensitivities, specialized diets, feeding concerns, cystic fibrosis, tube feedings and more. Deb has an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson & Wales University and received her Bachelor’s and Master’s in Nutrition from The Sage Colleges. Deb is currently working on her Doctorate of Clinical Nutrition at Rutgers University. Deb is available to provide individualized nutrition counseling for a wide variety of nutritional issues or concerns. As your dietitian, Deb can tailor nutrition counseling to meet you and your family’s needs.
Deborah works with weight management patients as well as patients with other nutritional concerns at our Riverhead and Commack offices.
Erica Singer, PA
Erica has been with Allied Physicians Group for nearly 4 years, and is now the lead Physician Assistant of the Nutrition & Wellness Division. Erica obtained her undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Marist College, before completing her Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies from New York Institute of Technology in Old Westbury, NY. She has seen patients in New York Hospital of Queens, St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, and NY Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center where she’s enhanced her overall medical knowledge & built up her passion for preventative care. Erica loves to help her patients and their families build healthier lifestyles in a fun and positive way, emphasizing the role nutrition plays on overall health! Erica’s background in medicine, combined with her nutrition knowledge allows her to improve patients overall health in ways such as lowering cholesterol, achieving lower BMIs, eliminating diabetic indicators, enhancing energy levels and much more! She prides herself in being able to create a family-centered, team approach to encourage wellness in a positive way!
Erica currently sees patients in our Medford, Plainview and Garden City offices.
Where we see patients:
- Garden City
- More locations to follow…
Frequently Asked Questions about Allied Nutrition & Wellness
What is Allied Nutrition and Wellness?
Allied Nutrition and Wellness includes administrative staff, physicians, a physician assistant and a registered dietitian all working together to provide nutrition and wellness services to all Allied patients. We are currently expanding our services to better serve our patients.
MISSION: Our mission is to provide quality nutritional counseling and education to Allied patients and families. We hope to promote nutritious and balanced diets and physically active lifestyles that will improve whole body wellness and quality of life.
What to expect during your visit?
Every visit is individualized based on the patients needs. A typical initial appointment is usually 30-60 minutes and will include a complete nutritional assessment (evaluation of medical history, food and nutrient intake, lifestyle, etc.). The practitioner will evaluate all data collected, so a plan of care or intervention(s) can be developed and discussed. Short and longer terms goals will be established and education and behavior counseling is provided as needed.
Follow up visits take about 30 minutes and allow the practitioner to evaluate progress and make appropriate changes in the plan of care or intervention(s) if needed. Nutrition education is ongoing at all nutrition visits and the practitioner is always available to answer questions or address concerns of patients at any time during the counseling session.
What conditions are treated within Allied Nutrition and Wellness?
Allied Nutrition and Wellness is unique in that we provide a multitude of nutrition services for Allied patients. We provide nutrition counseling for the following nutrition-related issues:
- Weight management
- Picky eating
- Failure to thrive
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Food allergies/sensitivities
- Diabetes (type II diabetes or pre-diabetics)
- Insulin sensitivity or elevations
- High cholesterol
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and nutrition
- Specialized dietary needs: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free
- Heart health
What is the Balanced Plate? How does it differ from Allied Nutrition and Wellness?
The Balanced Plate Academy is a program within Allied Nutrition and Wellness that provides individualized nutrition counseling for a healthy lifestyle. The program provides nutrition education, diet modification, and suggestions for physical activity and behavioral therapy. The Balanced Plate Academy is a fun and innovative way to educate your family about choosing a healthier lifestyle.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, RDs are food and nutrition experts who translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living. RDs have met both academic and professional requirements that include:
- Bachelor’s degree with course work approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Accredited, supervised practice program (Internship)
- Passed a national examination (Commission on Dietetic Registration)
- Completion of continuing educational requirements to maintain registration
What can a Registered Dietitian do for you and your family?
RDs can help you and your family sort through nutrition misinformation heard on TV, in the news, at the office, etc. An RD can provide easy to follow nutrition advice based on current medical evidence. Below are benefits of working with an RD:
- RDs have completed extensive education to provide the HIGHEST level of nutrition counseling.
- RDs provide individualized nutrition counseling and advice, not one=size-fits all. Whether it’s a medical condition or a concern about a specialized diet, like vegetarian, RDs can address your concerns.
- RDs help manage chronic diseases or other conditions like high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- RDs can help those with food allergies, food sensitivities or intolerances by providing guidance to ensure adequate nutritional intake with dietary limitations.
- RDs can help with weight loss programs that are safe, effective and realistic. No fad diets here!